KCET stands for Karnataka Common Entrance Test. The KCET Medical 2017 Exam is conducted by the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) for the aspirants who are seeking to get admission in undergraduate medical and dental programs. This is a state level exam which is conducted for admitting candidates in 42 medical colleges and 38 dental institutes of Karnataka. The exam is expected to be held in the month of May 2017. The application form can be filled through online mode only. The candidates can read the complete information regarding the exam in the following post such as important dates, eligibility, exam pattern, application form, fee, result, counselling etc.
KCET Medical 2017
- Online registration date: January 2017
- Last date for registration: February 2017
- Date of Entrance Exam: May 2017
- Dates of Issue of Admit Card: Three weeks prior to the exam
- Date of result: June 2017
KCET Medical Exam 2017 – Eligibility Criteria
All the candidates are advised to complete the form submission only after they have verified their eligibility for the exam. The admissions will be given to the eligible candidates only; which means that if some ineligible candidate applies for the exam, passes it and reaches the admissions stage; he or she will be rejected. All such candidates will be detected in the document verification round and hence will be barred from admissions. The fee submitted by them will also be forfeited as per the Eligibility Criteria of KCET Medical Exam.
- A candidate should be a resident of Karnataka and Jammu Kashmir.
- NRI aspirants can also apply for the exam.
- The candidate has to qualify his 12th or equivalent exam in Physics, Chemistry and Biology subject along with English from any recognized board.
- The general and OBC have to obtain at least 50% marks and the SC/ST candidates have to obtain 40% marks in PCB.
- Appearing candidates can also apply for the entrance test.
- A candidate should be 17 years as on 31 December 2017.
Karnataka CET Medical Exam – Application Form:
SOURCE 1– Online Mode
This is the most popular source for filling up application forms. The University has its own website over the internet for submission of application form.
Steps to fill the online application form:
- You have to visit the official website of the exam.
- Then follow the link “Online Application”.
- After that click on the Part I Registration.
- The candidate should read all the instructions cautiously and after satisfying the given norms click on the yes button at the end of the page.
- Fill the Online Application Form of KCET Medical Exam with required factual and genuine details.
- Submit the form and then after submission, a unique registration ID gets generated, keep it safe.
- Then click on the Part II Registration and log in with the given generated Registration ID.
- Pay the application fee through the Bank DD or Challan or Cash.
- Then carefully fill all other necessary details and choose the examination center and the medium.
- Then upload Scanned Signature and Photograph according to the provided instructions.
- Recheck all the entries that you have filled before the final submission of KCET Medical 2017 Application Form.
- After all the processes take the hard copy of the application form and keep it safe.
SOURCE 2 – Offline Mode
- The application form is also available in offline mode at the colleges and school premises.
- The candidates can take and fill the application form at the colleges/schools where they study on the payment of Rs. 650 by a Demand Draft.
Steps to fill the offline application form:
- To get the application form for the Exam of KCET Medical from the college/ school where they study, the candidates needed to download the bank challan from the website of KEA by entering their name, date of birth, category and name of the bank.
- Then the candidates have to pay the application fee in any of the respective bank branches.
- After all these steps the banks keep one copy of the challan and give remaining two copies to the candidate.
- And at last candidates have to give the copy of the challan to the concerned college/ school principal to get the brochure.
Application Form Fee:
- General Category – Rs. 650/- only
- OBC/SC/ST Category – Rs. 500/- only
KCET Medical Exam Pattern
- The questions asked in the exam will be of multiple choice questions from the subjects namely chemistry, physics, and Biology. Each section will have 60 marks.
- There will be no negative marking in this paper and every right answer will fetch you ONE mark. Duration of exam will be 80 Minutes.
- The exam will be conducted in the English language.
- The applicants also have the choice to attempt the exam in the Kannada language.
KCET Medical Admit Card:
Candidates who have successfully deposited the online application form with requisite fee for the exam can download their admit card from official website. The Admit Card of KCET Medical Exam will be available only before 15 days of commencement of the examination. The candidates may also note that the Admit card will be not sent by post. The admit card is a compulsory document to be brought to the examination hall at the time of the exam. Without it, the candidates will NOT be allowed to give the exam. The candidates are advised to keep the admit card safe till the recruitment process is over.The Admit card contains details like name of the candidate, roll no., exam date, exam center and exam timing etc.
KCET Medical 2017 Cutoff
The Cutoff of KCET Medical will be released by the KEA after the exam is over. The scores will be made public on the official exam portal along with the exam results and the candidates will get admissions on the basis of them. The cutoff will be a minimum score which is to be secured in order to qualify the exam. If your score is less then the KCET Medical Cutoff Score then you will be rejected else you will be eligible for the counselling rounds.
There will be different cutoff for different categories as well as different rounds of admissions. The KEA will also release Cutoff Ranks which will be the ranks corresponding to the cutoff scores. Till the release of the final official cutoff, the candidates can find the previous years’ scores in the following section and have an estimation.
KCET 2016 Round 1 MBBS Cutoff:
|COLLEGE NAME||CLOSING RANK|
|Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute||94|
|Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore||369|
|Mysore Medical College, Mysore||208|
|M.S.Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore||246|
|Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Medical College, Bangalore||653|
|Mandya Institute of Medical Sciences, Mandya||554|
|Adichunchanagiri Institute of Medical Sciences, Bellur, Mandya Dist.||936|
|Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences, Hubli||308|
|Hassan Institute of Medical Sciences, Hassan||637|
|Belgaum Institute of Medical Sciences, Belgaum||630|
|S. Nijalingappa Medical College and Research Centre, Bagalkot||1163|
|Mahadevappa Rampure Medical College, Gulbarga||983|
|Raichur Institute of Medical Sciences, Raichur||816|
|Vijayanagar Institute of Medical Sciences, Bellary||462|
|Bidar Institute of Medical Sciences, Bidar||717|
KCET Round 1 Dental (BDS) Cutoff:
|Vokkaligara Sangha Dental College and Hospital, Bangalore||2109|
|Dayananda Sagar College of Dental Sciences, Bangalore||2231|
|Krishnadevaraya College of Dental Sciences, Bangalore||2809|
|Sri Rajiv Gandhi Dental College, Bangalore||2722|
|M.S.Ramaiah Univerisity of Applied Sciences, Bangalore||1831|
|Rashtreeya Vidyalaya Dental College, Bangalore||2166|
|Dr. Shyamala Reddy Dental College, Bangalore||2937|
|Venkateswara Dental College, Bangalore||3054|
|Maratha Mandal Dental College, Belgaum||3127|
|Sri. Hasanamba Dental College and Hospital, Hassan||3083|
|K L E S Institute of Dental Sciences, Bangalore||2701|
|Hyderabad Karnataka Education Societies Dental College, Gulbarga||3603|
|S.B.Patil Institute for Dental Sciences and Research, Bidar||3441|
|Government Dental College and Research Institute, Bellary||2140|
|HKDET`S Dental College Hospital, Humnabad||3649|
|PM Nadagowda Memorial Dental College and Hospital, Bagalkot||3523|
|Academy of Medical Education Dental College, Raichur||3564|
|K.Venkataramana Gowda Dental College, Sullia||3610|
KCET Medical Result
The results will be declared by June 2017. The candidates who have appeared in the exam can find the results online on the official exam portal. Proper links to check the KCET 2017 Medical Exam Results will be hosted here for all the exam takers. A merit list will also be uploaded according to marks scored by the candidates in the exam. The Candidates are advised to preserve printouts of the result till the admission procedure get over.
KCET Medical Counselling
The Counseling Session will be conducted by Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) from June onwards. The candidates have to report at counselling location in person with required documents to attend the counselling. The shortlisted applicants will be called by the University for Document Verification and seat allotment as per merit basis. The students must bring all the required documents along with them while coming for the counseling. Complete Schedule of Counselling for KCET Medical will be hosted here as soon as it has been released.