KCET 2017 is the Karnataka common entrance test. This exam is scheduled to be organized in the first week of May 2017. The official notification is expected to be published in the second week of January 2017. This entrance exam aims at offering admission to the deserving candidates in the colleges of the state.
The candidates who are aspiring to take this exam can apply for the same soon after the availability of the application form. It is strictly recommended to determine the eligibility status before applying for this reputed entrance examination. Get here the detailed information regarding Karnataka CET 2017 such as important official dates, application form, exam pattern, syllabus, counselling schedule, preparation tips and a lot more.
KCET 2017 – Important Dates:
It is quite important for the candidates to go through the important dates so as not to miss any of the important events. These dates are tentative and will be soon updated after any official announcement.
|Release of notification||January 2017 (2nd week)|
|Commencement of the application form||January 2017 (2nd week)|
|The last date to apply||February 2017 (2nd week)|
|Availability of hall ticket||April 2017 (2nd week)|
|Date of entrance exam||May 2017 (1st week)|
|Announcement of result||May 2017 (last week)|
KCET 2017 – Eligibility Criteria:
The candidates are required to ascertain their eligibility first before applying for the exam. These eligibility norms are identically applicable to each and every aspiring candidate and needed to be fulfilled. All the norms and conditions related to KCET Eligibility Criteria 2017 are mentioned here for the readers.
Norm 1: Nationality:
- Only Indian candidates are permitted by the official authority to take this reputed entrance examination.
Norm 2: Academic Qualification:
- The applicants should have passed the class 12th examination from the recognized board with minimum 45% marks as per the Eligibility Criteria of KCET 2017.
- Also, those candidates who are waiting for their result may also apply for this examination but they are not eligible for admission if they fail to clear the qualifying examination.
- The applicant should have studied and passed in one or more government recognized institutions located in the Karnataka state for a minimum of seven (7) years commencing from 1st standard to 2nd
Norm 3: Domicile:
- The mother tongue of the candidate and either of its parents should be Kannada, Tulu or Kodava so as to become eligible for the exam.
- Also, either of the parents of the candidate must be the resident of Karnataka.
KCET 2017 – Application Form:
The official authority will publish the Application Form of KCET 2017 expectedly in the second week of January 2017. The candidates are required to read the official instructions first before making any entry in the application form. The application form will be available in the online mode and the candidate needs to complete the same very carefully.
- First of all, the candidates need to click on the ‘New User’. After clicking the link, the students need to enter the asked details and submit the same.
- After successful registration, the candidates will receive the application id and password on their registered mobile number and email address.
- Now, the candidates need to enter the login details. On the successful login, the students need to provide the asked student’s information in the KCET Online Application Form 2017 such as:
Preferred choice for examination center
- Once the candidates complete the application form, they will have to save the entered information by clicking on the ‘Save and Next button’.
- After submitting these details, the candidates need to upload the scanned files as per the official instructions.
- After uploading the files, the students need to take the print of the challan copy and pay the application fee in any branch of the specified banks.
- Now, the candidates need to take the print of the Application Form of Karnataka CET. Affix the photo, left – hand thumb impression, signature in the space provided. Afterwards, the students will have to obtain principal seal and signature from the college. The same copy should also be produced during the document verification round along with the copy of challan.
|For general and OBC category candidates||Rs 650|
|For SC and ST category students||Rs 500|
Karnataka CET 2017 – Exam Pattern:
Before appearing in the exam, the candidates need to go through the KCET 2017 Exam Pattern of the same. It brings the essential details such as mode of the exam, time duration, a number of questions, and the marking scheme. The exam pattern is mentioned here for the candidates.
- Type: The exam will be objective in nature where there are multiple options but only ONE appropriate answer.
- Time Duration: The candidate will get 80 minutes to solve each paper of the entrance exam.
- The total exam will be of 180 marks in total.
- Number of sections: There will be three (3) sections in the entrance examination.
- Number of questions: There will total 60 questions in each paper of the entrance exam.
- For each right answer, the candidate will get ONE (1) mark.
- No negative marking shall be applicable.
KCET 2017 – Admit Card:
The KCET Admit Card 2017 will be issued expectedly in the month of April 2017. It will be available in the online mode which can be easily downloaded by using the application id and password. This is the important official document which the candidates need to bring at the assigned exam center. Without the hall ticket, the applicants are strictly not permitted to appear in the exam. The Admit Card of KCET will comprise of the essential details regarding the exam and the candidate. Any kind of tampering is not allowed as it will lead to the direct disqualification. The aspirants are suggested to keep their admit card in the good condition otherwise, it will not be accepted by the proctor.
KCET 2017 – Cutoff:
The cutoff is the least marks which the students need to obtain in the entrance examination so as to qualify the same. The KCET Cutoff 2017 will be announced soon till then the candidates can check the previous year cutoff marks.
For BMS college of engineering, Bangalore:
|Branch||1 G||1 K||1 R||2 AG||2 AK||2 AR|
KCET 2017 – Result:
The official authority will publish the result expectedly in the last week of May 2017. It is the outcome of the candidate’s performance in the entrance examination. The KCET Result 2017 will be available in the online mode which the candidates can easily check by using their login credentials. The students are required to keep the copy of the result safe and secure for the future reference. The students who have any objections regarding the entries or issues in the result sheet such as changes in QE marks, version code etc except the marks obtained in the CET can submit their objections within three (3) days from the publication of the Result of Karnataka CET. Soon after the result declaration, the official authority will release the merit list for the qualified students based on which the candidates will be called for the counselling round.
Karnataka CET 2017 – Preparation Tips and Tricks:
As the countless number of candidates will apply for the exam and, therefore, it is necessary for the candidates to prepare well for the examination. Some of the useful preparation tips and tricks are mentioned here for the candidate’s sake of convenience.
- First of all, the candidates should prepare the exact schedule for study and strictly follow the same.
- For the lengthy sections, it is required to prepare the brief and short notes and revise them daily.
- Devotee an equal time to each and every subject. In order to qualify the exam with the good marks, it is important for the candidates to qualify each and every section.
KCET 2017 – Syllabus:
The syllabus for the exam is mentioned here for the candidates. It presents the topics and sub – topics on which the questions in the entrance exam will be based. It is important to know the Syllabus of KCET before commencing the preparation. The syllabus of this exam comprises of three sections namely physics, chemistry and math.
|Physics||Kinematics, Laws of motion, Motion of system and particles of rigid body, Gravitation, Properties of bulk matter, Behavior of perfect gas and kinetic theory, Thermodynamics, Oscillations and waves, Electrostatics, Current electricity, Magnetic effects of current and magnetism, Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents, Work energy and power, Electromagnetic waves, Optics, Dual nature of matter and radiation, Electronic devices, Communication systems|
|Math||Sets and functions, Coordinate geometry, Calculus, Mathematical reasoning, Relations and functions, Matrix and determinants, Differential equation, Integral Calculus, Vectors and three – dimensional geometry, Linear programming|
|Chemistry||Basic concepts of chemistry, Classification of elements and periodicity in properties, Chemical bonding and molecular structure, Thermodynamics, Equilibrium, Hydrogen, S- block elements, P – block elements, Organic chemistry, Environmental chemistry, Gasses and liquids, Surface chemistry, Chemical kinematics, Electrochemistry|
KCET – Recommended Books:
- Mathematics by Bosco’s publication
- Dinesh KCET by KN Bhatia
- Chemistry by Ravinder Chadda
- Higher secondary physics – part 1 and part 2
- Higher secondary mathematics – part 1 and part 2
- Higher secondary chemistry – part 1 and part 2
Any other update regarding the Karnataka CET 2017 Exam will be updated soon here after any official notification. This exam is really tough and, therefore, the students are suggested to prepare for the same at their level best. Stay tuned for more updates.