The JIPMER stands for Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research which is situated in Pondicherry, India. The JIPMER MBBS 2017 entrance test is conducted for the aspirants who are interested in getting admission in MBBS programs. It is a national level exam which is conducted for admitting candidates in 150 MBBS seats available in the college. The exam is expected to be held in the month of July 2017. The application form can be filled by online mode only i.e. through the official website of the university. The application form will be released in the month of March 2017. You can read the complete information regarding the exam in the following post such as important dates, eligibility criteria, exam pattern; admit card, result, counselling etc.
JIPMER MBBS 2017 – Important Dates
- Online registration start – March 2017
- Last date of online registration – May 2017
- Date of issue of admit card – May 2017
- Date of entrance examination – 2017
- Declaration of result – June 2017
- Counseling – June 2017 onwards
- Commencement of course – 1st July 2017
JIPMER MBBS 2017 – Eligibility Criteria
- A candidate should be a citizen of India.
- An applicant can be an overseas citizen of India.
- The candidate has to qualify his 12th or equivalent exam in Physics, Chemistry and Biology subject along with English from any recognized board.
- The general and OBC have to obtain at least 50% marks and the SC/ST candidates have to obtain 40% marks in PCB.
- Appearing candidates can also apply for the entrance test.
- A candidate should be 17 years as on 31 December 2017.
JIPMER MBBS 2017 – Application Form:
Application Forms will be available in ONLINE mode only. For that candidates have to go visit the official website of the JIPMER institute.
- Before form filling, candidates should ensure that they satisfy all the norms for eligibility.
- The candidates will need their scanned passport photo and signature, during the registration of Online application form. Therefore candidates should get them ready before they start the form filling as per the directions.
- The candidates should make sure that form is error free because any one error can result in the rejection of your registration. So the candidates should go through the form twice after filling it.
Procedure/Steps to fill the online application form:
- Visit the official website.
- Click the link of JIPMER MBBS 2017 Exam.
- Then aspirants have to click on to the link “Apply Online”.
- The application form will get opened on the screen
- Fill the Online application form correctly and completely with all details such as Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Email ID, Mobile Number etc.
- After online registration, the candidate will be issued login details. Use them and proceed for online form submission.
- The online form will require Candidate’s particulars, Choice of examination centers, Category, Personal details, Academic details, Contact details etc.
- After that attach the scanned photograph and signature and then upload them.
- Then pay the application fee through the Bank Challan/debit/credit card.
- Before submitting the application form, it is suggested to recheck all the details in the application form.
- After that download the form and generate the printout of it for future use.
Application Form Fee:
- General/OBC Category – Rs. 1000/- only
- SC/ST Category – Rs. 800/- only
JIPMER MBBS 2017 – Exam Pattern
- The exam will be conducted via online process (i.e. Computer Based Test) only.
- The questions asked in the exam will be of multiple choice questions from the subjects namely chemistry, physics, Biology, English and Comprehension, and last one is Logic and Quantitative Reasoning.
- The exam will be conducted in English only.
- There will be no negative marking.
JIPMER MBBS 2017 – Admit Card
Admit cards for the Exam of JIPMER MBBS 2017 will be issued 3 weeks prior to the final examination. Candidates who have successfully deposited the online application form along with the requisite fee for the exam has been issued an admit card. An admit card will be available for downloading on official website. The candidates may also note that the Admit card will be not sent by post. The Admit card is a very important document and the candidates have to bring it along with them to appear in the entrance test. The Admit card contains details like name of the candidate, roll no., exam date, exam center and exam timing etc.
JIPMER MBBS 2017 – Cutoff
The table is based on the previous year cutoff marks
|Candidate’s Category||2015 Cut off||2014 Cut off|
|General||Opening – 187||Opening – 172|
|Closing – 161|
|General OPH||Opening – 169||Opening – 99|
|Closing – 90|
|OBC Non Creamy Layer (OBC NCL)||Opening – 183||Opening- 161|
|Closing – 53|
|OBC OPH (OBC NCL)||Opening – 163||Opening & Closing – 95|
|SC||Opening – 177||Opening – 157|
|Closing – 142|
|ST||Opening – 170||Opening – 142|
|Closing – 123|
|NRI/OCI||Opening – 178||Opening – 159|
|Closing – 144|
|Pondicherry Unreserved Category (P – UR)||Opening – 183||Opening – 149|
|Closing – 130|
|Pondicherry OBC (P-OBC)||Opening – 183||Opening – 128|
|Closing – 120|
|Pondicherry SC (P-SC)||Opening – 138||Opening – 122|
|Closing – 109|
JIPMER MBBS 2017 – Result
The results will be declared by June 2017. The candidates who have appeared for JIPMER MBBS 2017 can go to the official website to check their results online. In the official website, the answer key and the question booklet will also be uploaded. A merit list will also be uploaded according to marks scored by the candidates in the exam.
JIPMER MBBS 2017 – Counselling
The Counseling Session will be conducted from June 2017 onwards. The candidates have to report at counselling location in person with required documents to attend the counselling. The shortlisted candidates will be called by the University for Document Verification and seat allotment as per merit basis. The students must bring all the required documents along with them while coming for the counseling.