JEE Advanced 2017 is the most deemed and prestigious engineering entrance examination which is generally scheduled in the month of May every year. The joint entrance examination (Advanced) will be hosted by the seven zonal IITs under the guidance of the joint examination board. The performance of the student in the exam will form the basis of the admission in the Bachelor, integrated master and dual degree programs in the IITs and ISM. The scores of the exam will be accepted all the reputed engineering institutions. Every year, a large number of students take this deemed engineering entrance examination, therefore, the competition level of this exam is still rising. The students need the vibrant and dynamic preparation in order to qualify this entrance examination. Get here the essential details regarding the exam such as application form, exam pattern, important dates, eligibility criteria, result, and cutoff.
JEE Advanced 2017 – Important Dates:
This reputed is scheduled on 21 May 2017. The applicants are required to mark the important dates in the calendar and stick to the examination schedule. As the dates are already announced officially, therefore, we have hosted the offiical dates here for the students.
|Registration begins||28 April 2017|
|Registration closes||2 May 2017|
|JEE Advanced 2017 Exam||21 May 2017|
JEE Advanced 2017 – Eligibility Criteria:
The students are required to go through the eligibility criteria so as to assure their eligibility for the Exam. These eligibility conditions are laid down by the official exam authority and needed to be satisfied by the students. Read the eligibility criteria here.
Criteria 1: Age Limit:
- The applicants should have born on or before the 1 October 1991 so as to apply for the exam
- Five years relaxation shall be provided to the reserved category students.
Criteria 2: Performance in JEE Main
- The student should be among the top 2, 00, 000 (including all categories) by obtaining the positive marks in the JEE Main paper 1.
- Category – Wise distribution of top 2, 20, 000 candidates:
Order Category Number of candidates 1 Open 107, 767 2 Open – PWD 3, 333 3 OBC – NCL – PWD 1, 782 4 OBC – NCL 57, 618 5 SC 32, 010 6 SC – PWD 990 7 ST 16, 005 8 ST – PWD 495
Criteria 3: Number of attempts:
- The student can attempt the Exam a maximum of 2 times in consecutive years as per JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria 2017
Criteria 4: Appearance in the class 12th examination:
- The applicants should have appeared in the class 12th exam for the first time in all subjects either in the year 2016 or 2017.
Criteria 5: Earlier admission in IIT/ ISM
- The student should not have been admitted in any IIT/ ISM in the past.
JEE Advanced 2017 – Application Form:
The official authority will issue the Application Form for JEE Advanced 2017 on 28th April 2017. The students are required to submit the only single application form. Also the details which are required to be added in the application form should be kept handy while filling the application form. The applicants are suggested to read the instructions first before completing the application form for the Exam.
Step 1: Online Registration
- The students need to log in the account with the JEE main roll number, password and security code. After logging in the account, the students will have to change the password.
- After altering the password, the page containing the JEE main scores, personal information, and academic details of the students will be displayed. On that page, the students will have to furnish the details such as:
Choice of examination center
Language of the exam paper
Roll number of class 12th
Eligibility of DS category
Step 2: Upload the images
- After completing the step 1 of the application form, the students will have to upload the scanned files of the photo and signature and other documents.
Step 3: Make the payment:
- After uploading the images successfully, the applicants will have to pay the application fee. On the successful payment, the students can download the application form with unique registration number. The printed copy of the form should be kept safe.
|Examination Centers in India|
|Female/ SC/ ST/ PWD candidates||Rs 1200|
|All other students||Rs 2400|
|Late Fees||Rs 500|
|Examination Centers outside India (SAARC countries)|
|All candidates||USD 135|
|Late Fees||USD 80|
|Examination Centers outside India (Non – SAARC countries)|
|All candidates||USD 270|
|Late Fees||USD 80|
Mode of Payment:
- Mode 1: Online
The students can remit the application fee through the credit/ debit card/ Internet banking
- Mode 2: Offline
Payment of the application charges can be done through the SBI bank challan.
JEE Advanced 2017 Exam Pattern:
The section of the exam pattern covers the essential details related to the Exam such as mode of the exam, the language of the question paper, time duration, marking scheme, a number of sections etc. The students are advised to read the JEE Advanced 2017 Exam Pattern at least once so as to know the exact structure of the exam.
- Mode: The exam will be conducted in the offline mode where the students need to mark their answers in the Optical response sheets with black ball point pen.
- Type: The exam is objective in nature.
- Language: The exam will be bilingual i.e. English and Hindi.
- Papers: There are two question papers. 3 hours shall be given to solve each paper.
- Sections: There will be three sections in the exam paper.
- 3 marks will be given for questions with one correct option
- 4 marks will be given for the questions with more than one correct option.
JEE Advanced 2017 Admit Card:
The admit card for the Exam will be released as per the official schedule. The admit card is the official document which will be released in the online mode. The students can download the same by entering the unique registration number (generated during the registration process). The admit card will contain the information such as student’s name and roll number, photo and signature, DOB, category and the language of the question paper. In the case, if the students unable to download the admit card then he is required to contact the chairman of the respective zonal IIT. The student should carefully examine the entries of the admit card.
JEE Advanced 2017 Result:
The Result for JEE Advanced 2017 will be published soon after the completion of the entrance examination. Category – wise All India ranks of the qualified students will be available soon after the result declaration. Individual rank cards will not be sent to the aspirants. It should be noted that mere obtaining the All India rank does not guarantee admission in the IIT/ ISM.
JEE Advanced 2017 – Rank Lists:
Only students who appear in both Paper 1 and Paper 2 will be considered for ranking. Rank list will be prepared based on the aggregate marks in the JEE Advanced 2017 Exam. There will no waiting list for ranking will be prepared by the official authority.
In the case, if the two students scores identical marks then the tie between the two can be solved by applying the tie – breaking procedure:
- Higher marks in the mathematics will be considered
- Higher marks in the physics will be preferred
- If the still tie remains then, similar rank will be allocated to the aspirants
Only those students who score the minimum aggregate marks will be included in the rank list. The minimum aggregate marks prescribed by the official authority for the inclusion in the rank list are:
|Category||Minimum % of marks in each subject||Minimum % of aggregate marks|
|Common – PWD||5.0||17.5|
|SC – PWD||5.0||17.5|
|ST – PWD||5.0||17.5|
|OBC – NCL – PWD||5.0||17.5|
JEE Advanced 2017 – Cutoff Marks:
The cutoff is termed as the minimum marks which should be obtained by the students in the Exam so as to qualify the same. The JEE Advanced Cutoff 2017 will be released soon till then, the students can check the cutoff of the previous years.
JEE Advanced 2017 – Joint Seat Allocation:
The seats across ISM, NITs IITs, and other government funded state technical institutes will be allocated by the Joint seat allocation process. The schedule for the joint seat allocation will be published soon by JoSAA. All those students who are eligible for the admission will have to participate in the joint seat allocation process by filling their choices of the courses. The list of all the offered courses will be made available at the time of online filling of choices.
JEE Advanced Admission Procedure:
Only those students who are satisfying at least one of the below mentioned criteria are eligible for the admission in the various IITs:
- The candidate must be within the category – wise top 20 percentile of successful candidates in their class 12 in the board examinations. The percentile calculation will be done for the required subjects in a single academic year only.
- The student secure at least 75% aggregate marks in class 12th board exam. The aggregate marks for SC/ ST candidates will be 65%.
It should be noted that the for the calculation of the total marks for the five subjects, if the marks awarded in a particular subject is not out of 100 then it will be first scaled down to 100 so as to perform the further calculations.
JEE Advanced 2017 Preparation Tips:
- The students need to maintain the grip over the syllabus and preparation.
- Also, the applicants required to maintain the speed of preparation till the end of the preparatory days.
- The aspirants need to prepare a time table with slots for all subjects.
- The students are required to stay focused. Do not get carried away or lose focus.
- Do not the cram the method of solving the process. The student should make the command on the basic concepts and eradicate their doubts before actually appearing in the JEE Advanced 2017.
JEE Advanced 2017 – Important Books:
- Chemistry – P Bahadur
- Inorganic and Physical Chemistry – R C Mukherjee
- Problems in General Physics – I.E. Irodov
- Math – Arihant Publications