Soon after releasing the answer key, the official authority will announce the JEE Advanced 2017 Result for the students. The result is scheduled to be declared on 11 June 2017. The candidates can check their result here soon after its official announcement. It will be published in the online mode by the exam authority. The result will be issued in the response to the entrance examination which will be held on 21 May 2017. It will include All India Rank and category wise rank of the candidate. It should be noted that the result will be announced only for those students who will appear in both Paper 1 and Paper 2. In order to get the complete details regarding the result, the candidates need to read the complete article.
JEE Advanced 2017 Result – Important Dates:
The official authority has announced the important dates regarding the exam result. It is the duty of the candidates to get updated with the official schedule and follow the same. For the sake of candidate’s convenience, the official dates regarding the JEE Advanced 2017 Result are mentioned here.
|Date of Exam||21 May 2017|
|Declaration of Result||11 June 2017|
How to Check?
The official authority will announce the result in the online mode and, therefore, the candidates can check the same as accordingly. It should be noted that the result will be prepared with extreme care and, therefore, it should be accepted by the candidates under any circumstance. The candidates can check their result easily by using the direct link which will be mentioned here soon.
- In order to check the result, the candidates will have to enter the asked details in the online form such as:
Other details (if any)
- After submitting the details, the JEE Advanced Result 2017 will be appeared on the screen.
- The candidates must save their result either by downloading the same or by taking the screenshot.
JEE Advanced 2017 Result – Details about Rank List
- Along with the result, the official authority will publish the rank list for the candidates. The rank list contains the rank of the candidates as according to their performance in the exam.
- It should be noted that only those candidates are eligible for ranking who will appear in both exams i.e. paper 1 and paper 2.
- The rank list will be prepared on the basis of the aggregate marks of the candidate. It means that the marks in physics will be equal to the marks obtained in Paper 1 and Paper 2. Marks in chemistry and math will be calculated in the same way.
- There will be no waiting list for ranking purpose.
- The rank lists for the preparatory courses shall be prepared for SC, ST and PWD students in all categories.
- An aspirant who qualifies in more than one category will be considered in all the categories to which he or she belongs for the ranking purpose.
Tie – Breaking Procedure:
While preparing the rank list, it is possible that two or more students secure identical marks. In this case, the tie between them will be resolved by the using the tie – breaking policy which is mentioned here.
- Higher marks in the mathematics will be considered.
- If still the tie remains then the marks in the physics part shall be taken into consideration and the student with higher marks will be assigned the higher rank.
- If still the tie persists then identical rank shall be assigned to the candidates.
Minimum Percentage of Marks Prescribed for the Inclusion in the Rank List:
|Category||Minimum % of marks in each subject||Minimum % of aggregate marks|
|Common – PWD||5.0||17.5|
|SC – PWD||5.0||17.5|
|ST – PWD||5.0||17.5|
|OBC – NCL – PWD||5.0||17.5|
|Preparatory courses rank list||2.5||8.75|
JEE Advanced 2017 Result – Important Points at Glance
- It should be noted that the individual rank cards will not be sent to the candidates.
- The rank of the candidates shall be published along with the declaration of JEE Advanced Result. The text message regarding the same will be sent to the candidate’s registered mobile numbers.
- After the result declaration, the qualified candidates will then proceed towards the further admission procedure.