BCECE Eligibility Criteria 2017 is mentioned here for the students who aspire to apply for the engineering entrance exam conducted by BCECE Board. Eligibility criteria are the set of clauses and conditions which are similar for all the participating students and needed to be fulfilled by them. As it is imperative that only eligible candidates can apply for this examination, therefore, it is mandatory to satisfy all the eligibility conditions. The students should assure their eligibility before applying for the entrance exam. If the aspirant is not satisfying the eligibility criteria then he or she must have to wait for his eligibility. Ineligible candidates are strictly not allowed to proceed further towards the examination. Get here the complete details regarding the eligibility criteria such as educational qualification, age restriction, domicile and other mandatory requirements.
BCECE Eligibility Criteria
Certain eligibility conditions are laid down by the BCECE board for the students which they will have to satisfy so as to apply for the exam. For ascertaining the eligibility, the candidates need to go through the BCECE 2017 Eligibility Criteria which consists of essential eligibility conditions are other criteria required for appearing in the entrance exam. The detailed description of the eligibility criteria is mentioned here for the students.
Clause 1: Nationality:
- First eligibility condition which makes the candidate eligible for this exam is that the student must be the permanent citizen of India.
Clause 2 Domicile:
- Another condition of eligibility is that only those students are eligible to apply whose parents are the permanent resident of Bihar state or work for the Bihar government as per eligibility criteria.
Clause 3: Education Qualification:
- The students should have passed the intermediate class examination or senior secondary exam from the recognized board.
- The applicants must have studied physics, chemistry, and math as the compulsory subjects in their class 12th as per the Eligibility Criteria of BCECE.
- The candidates who are going to appear in the class 12th board exam in 2017 are also eligible to appear in the exam.
Read: Exam pattern of BCECE
Clause 4: Minimum Aggregate Marks:
- The students must clear the class 12th board exam with the minimum aggregate of 45% marks (40% in the case of reserved category students)
Clause 5: Age Restriction:
- As according to the eligibility criteria, there is no age restriction for the students.
Note: Eligibility of the student will be detected in each and every stage of the admission procedure and it is totally impossible to cross these checks if the candidate is ineligible. The applicants are advised to go through the Eligibility Criteria and check whether they are eligible or not. They can apply for the exam only after assuring their eligibility.
Details about Reservation Criteria
The students should note that a certain percentage of seats are reserved for the students who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC and other reserved categories. In order to claim the admission for the reserved seats, the students need to qualify this entrance exam and participate in the counseling procedure. The details about the reservation criteria are mentioned in the table below.
|Category||% of seats|
|Extremely backward class||18%|
|Reserved category women||3%|